Friday, July 10, 2009

A day of not much

No pictures today! We didn't really do a whole lot. I got to be the foreperson in a focus group for a mock trial of a medical malpractice lawsuit, which was really interesting. The deliberations got pretty heated and there were plenty of shenanigans. Unfortunately, I had to sign a confidentiality agreement so I can't really talk about any of the details. Anyhow, I got to sit in a room with 12 other grown-ups for 3 hours to give my opinion and they paid me $100. Doesn't get much better than that!

My friend Beth watched the kiddos tonight so I could get some kid-free grocery shopping done, which was great because what took me two hours without them would have probably taken me 3 or 4 hours with them. And I ran into my good friend Rhonda who I used to work with and haven't seen in ages, so that was a nice bonus! :-)

Tomorrow Amelia starts a 4 week ballet class, so there will definitely be new pics up then.


A couple of kid quotes from today:

Actually, this one is from last night...
Camden had to go to bed first because he got in trouble. The rule is that whichever one goes to bed last is not allowed to watch TV or play the Leapster after the other one goes to bed. They have to read books.
Amelia was begging me, "Mommy, I just want to watch one tiny little show!" (complete with fingers showing me how tiny)
I told her she knew the rule and that she needed to get a book.
She said, "No fair! You never let me do anything!"
I was quite shocked to hear this from the mouth of a 3 year old...

And one from Camden...
The kids were playing a video game this afternoon, and had to take turns. When it was Amelia's turn she passed some part that she hadn't been able to before. Camden patted her on the back and said, "Atta girl! You're getting good at this game." This is noteworthy because he usually isn't nice to her...he does everything in his power to torment her. So when I see him being nice it makes a big impression!

No comments:

Post a Comment