Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Long Day!

Yesterday Matilda was cranky the entire day and pretty much sat on my lap all day long. I had no idea what was wrong with her and figured she must be getting sick. After dinner I noticed that her right hand was completely clean, and realized she hadn't been using it at all throughout the day.

"Miss Bef" (that's what Camden and Amelia call Beth!) came over and took the older kiddos for a sleepover with Abby so I could take Matilda to the urgent care at Children's Mercy. Boy am I glad too, because we were there for three hours!!

It turned out that Matilda had Nursemaid's Elbow. The doctor was able to pop it right back into place, and now she is a MUCH happier girl. Although I am surprised she didn't sleep in later today since we didn't get home till after 11:00 last night!

But I am glad she's back to her usual happy self and playing and climbing like normal. Apparently this is something we have to keep an eye out for, I guess once it happens once it is more likely to happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment