Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 and a Triathlon


Yes, I remember exactly where I was on this day 10 years ago....I was at the office where I worked as a legal secretary, listening to the radio at my desk.  I was working, and happy as could be planning my wedding which was just 11 days away.  Making plans for my birthday which was the next day.  Not really a care in the world.

I heard the radio say that a plane had hit one of the World Trade Center towers.  I ran in to tell one of the other ladies, who thought it must be some kind of joke.  We turned on the TV in the conference room just in time to see the second plane hit.  We continued watching, not really able to get any work done.

Today, 10 years later, I participated in my first triathlon.  The First Annual Jeremy Katzenberger Memorial Triathlon...held at Weatherby Lake in honor of Jeremy, who was killed in action in Afghanistan on June 14 of this year, fighting for our freedom.  Like so many others, Jeremy made the ultimate sacrifice on behalf of this country.  It was quite an honor to participate.

Afterward, there was a picnic at the park with a memorial service honoring the victims of 9/11/01, and a tree dedication honoring Jeremy.  I'm glad I was able to be there.  May we never forget.

(I apologize for the weird spacing and picture issues on here...I can't figure out what is wrong with them and why they won't move!)





















1 comment: