Friday, September 11, 2009

Oops, I did it again!

I know. I said I was going to try and do a better job keeping up with it. Anyway...

What we've been up to:
Last Friday night we had a slumber party over at Abby's house. All of us. The kids had tons of fun. We had pizza, the kids did some art projects, somehow we fit 5 kids in a bathtub, and then they went to sleep!


Beth and I baked brownies, watched Jane Austen movies, and drank a glass of wine.

On Sunday we went to Paula's after church. Todd and Mary Ann were here visiting and Tommy, Todd, and Camden went to the Royals game.



On Monday evening, Labor Day, we took a trip to the beach at Smithville Lake with Beth and the kids. Her husband came later and we had a picnic.









Thursday Amelia started dance lessons. She'll take ballet, tap, and tumbling. We searched everywhere and couldn't find her ballet shoes from the other ballet class she took, so we are hoping to find them and not have to buy more since we also need to order tap shoes. Her friend Brennah is in her class with her. They both spent the first half of the class in tears.



Thankfully for the second half they were ok, and started doing the dances with the other kids.



Last but not least, Matilda has some new tricks. If you ask her what a dinosaur says, she growls. I think she's been playing with her brother a little bit. If you ask her what Dora says, she sings, "backpack, backpack!" See the video below.


Camden is enjoying school and doing a pretty good job. We get progress reports every Friday, so when he gets home today we'll see how he did this week. We turned in his first Scholastic Book Club order today. I remember those from when I was in school, I loved ordering new books! I let each of the kids pick out one book this time.

Tommy's schedule is picking up at work. In fact he has to work tomorrow on my birthday! So my friend Kelly is going to come over after the kids go to bed and watch a movie with me. I think I'm going to make some guacamole, yum!

I've been picking up some business making Ta-ta Tarps, too! I just put some pictures of new fabrics on my business page, and will be going to another fabric store maybe later today to take pictures of more fabrics!

Next week everything gets busy again for the year. Bible study on Tuesday and Wednesday, Awana for the kids on Wednesday night, back to the gym (I need to do this bad!), Amelia's dance lessons on Thursdays, and I'm starting a book club with a friend too.

Right now I'm getting ready to go bake my Amish Friendship Bread. Someone at church gave me a starter for it, and this is my first time to make it but I've heard that it's delicious! Today is day 10, baking day. Amelia is very excited to help me bake it, she loves to help in the kitchen! I'll take a picture and let you know how it turns out.

Ok, time to get Matilda down for her nap and bake some bread!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in your blog! I'm in your blog! (sort of) Yay!! Why did Amelia cry at dance class? Isn't Matilda a GENIUS?

    ReplyDelete